Our latest beta is
already under development and is set to be released in October 2021 out now. You can find the download links and installation guide on wiki.pantherx.org/Installation-guide.
If you are already running PantherX OS:
- Make a small change to your system config at
- Update as usual
We have closed over 51 issues; 0 remaining.
- Support for Dropbox in Online Accounts (via Maestral)
- New Time Tracking application (Alpha release)
- Easier configuration of firewall and SSH keys in new system config format
- Some default udev rules to support hardware like YubiKey and Ledger Wallets
Here’s an example:
(define %ssh-public-key "ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZSJANJQ5AAAAIP7gcASKK1KAM91dl1OC0GqpgcudsaaJ4QydPg panther") (px-desktop-os ... #:open-ports '(("tcp" "ssh" "http" "https")) #:authorized-keys `(("root" ,(plain-file "panther.pub" %ssh-public-key)) ))
- Themes are now much more robust and apply to more applications. We currently have a dark and bright color scheme but will add more choices in Beta 4.
- Software application built-in terminal has been improved
- Hub GUI properly refreshes times passed even without updates
- Hub GUI no longer disappears when refreshing
- Software works better on small screens
- The dark and bright color scheme look more unified now
- Default channels file location moved from
- New config scheme for Core, Desktop and Server
Important: If you are already running PantherX Beta 3, you will need to update your
(use-modules (gnu) (gnu system) (px system) (px system install) ;; simply add this line (gnu packages))
This list will be updated as we approach the release date.
After the initial installation some XDG paths are not set properly. This prevents some links on the desktop from working properly (for ex. opening folders from start menu). 2 bug reports are pending:
- links not clickable in some qt programs (nheko, quaternion)
- xdg-open wrong path in qt based applications (links wont be open)
It looks something like this:
Launch failed (/gnu/store/j3nj0b5ajd7la5vi11rmhn0fkp6wn9vx-xdg-utils-1.1.3/bin/xdg-open /home/panther)
To rectify, simply run a system update (which you should anyways):
su - root px update apply # run as root exit px update apply # run as your user
This will not only ensure you’re getting the latest bug fixes but also fixes the offending
Enjoy your time!